Rinoviruses, also known as rhino virus, are common among school children, with the first complaints of nasal discharge and nasal obstruction. The most practical way to protect against the diseases caused by these viruses is to make the cleaning of the hands very well.
40 percent of winter diseases cause “rhinoviruses”
Rhino, which means Greek toe, is one of the virus families that can cause colds. This virus is usually given this name because it lives in the nose. Approximately 30-40% of the common cold is estimated to be caused by rhinovirus infections. Diseases caused by rhinoviruses that can stay alive for hours in infected powders are transmitted in 2 ways:
- Inhalation of droplets suspended in the air in the patient’s breathing
- The contact of other people on infected hands and items contaminated by nasal secretions
The first symptoms of the disease sneeze and nasal congestion
Once there is too much type of rhinovirus, it does not mean that it will not repeat once. The severity of the disease varies depending on the amount of the virus. Rinovirus infection occurs with sneezing, but other accompanying findings may be listed as follows:
- Nasal obstruction
- Nasal discharge
- General malaise
- Throat ache
The main center of the virus “schools Virüs
Rhinovirus infection is common all over the world. Although it is more common in spring and autumn months, it occurs at varying rates throughout the year. The choice of season is related to social events, such as the opening of schools, rather than the characteristics of the virus itself. As most types of viruses give a cold-like symptom, an advanced diagnostic test is usually not necessary.
Use plenty of fluid against the disease
There is no specific treatment for colds caused by rhinoviruses. In these diseases, it is aimed to relieve the symptoms caused by the symptoms rather than the treatment of the infection. Opening the nasal congestion, which is one of the most important complaints for this purpose, will significantly increase the patient’s comfort. Although fever lowering is prescribed against fever, it is advisable not to use antipyretics at very high temperatures because the virus is especially temperature sensitive. It is important to take plenty of fluid during the disease. The best way to prevent the spread of the virus is to break the chain of infection by handwashing. In addition, it is also necessary to keep handshaking with people and to ensure that the surfaces that are thought to be viruses are clean.
Do not mix flu and cold
- High fever in the common cold is rare, the flu can be 38 degrees or more.
- Throat and headache are common in flu patients, but they are rare in colds.
- Nasal blockages are more common in patients with colds and less in the flu.
- While sneezing is a common symptom of the common cold, it is rare in influenza patients.
- Coughs are common in the common cold and often occur with the flu.
- Colds usually do not lead to a serious complication, but the flu can be converted to pneumonia or bronchitis.
- There is no vaccine to prevent colds while it is possible to prevent influenza.
- Although complaints such as muscle and body pain are less common in colds, they are more common in the flu.